Dunwoody's Baseball Program since 1975
Since 1975, DSB has provided a place for baseball players (middle school age and up) to play the game they love. Started for kids too old to play Little League, the program has grown to include an early spring middle school league (6th-8th grade), spring leagues (ages 13-15 and 15-18), a summer wood bat league (ages 18+), fall leagues (ages 13-15 and 15-18), year-round travel baseball teams (13U-17U), clinics and showcases. Over 1,600 players participate in one of DSB's programs each year.
DSB operates at the Brook Run Park Baseball Fields (4635 Barclay Dr, Dunwoody, GA 30338). The primary parking for the fields is at Peachtree Middle School, 4664 N Peachtree Rd, Dunwoody, GA 30338, which is right next to the fields.
Dunwoody Senior Baseball (DSB) provides high quality baseball programming for middle school age players and up through organized leagues, travel teams, clinics, and other events. We will:
- focus on the best possible baseball experience for participants, encouraging healthy competition.
- actively seek feedback from participants and fans to consistently improve our programs.
- look for opportunities to add value to other baseball and community organizations.
Our board of directors, employees and volunteers will:
- be diverse in experience and backgrounds and will have an open line of communication with our leadership.
- be a valued partner with the government agencies we work with by being transparent, open to change and eager to offer new programs that will benefit the community.
- receive training and be active participants in the evolution of our organization.
Our passion for baseball will show in everything we do.
DSB's mailing address is: PO Box 88923, Dunwoody, GA 30356.
DSB's phone number: (470) 869-3121
Proud member of the Dunwoody Perimeter Chamber of Commerce.
Volunteer Board of Directors
- Jerry Weiner*, President, Treasurer and Summer Wood Bat League Director (2022)
- Vince Carozza, VP Leagues and Spring League Director (2022)
- Carlton Hamer*, VP Administration (2022)
- Peter Keohane*, 1st Vice President (2022)
- Stefan Lollar, Fall League Director (2024)
- Chris Miranda (2024)
- Mary Quarles, Secretary (2024)
- Laurie Smith (2024)
- Steve Strauss, VP Facilities (2023)
- Derek Waugh (2024)
- Jimmy Wood (2023)
- Richard Wright (2023)
(term expires on December 31 of year listed for each director)
- John Crawford* (ex officio board member), COO & Middle School League Director
- Tom Bass (ex officio board member), Chief Baseball Officer & Diablos Founder
- Troby Laidlaw, Facility Manager
- Barren Burd, Facility Manager
- Bill Perry, Facility Manager
- Robert Slater, Facility Manager
- Tez Swinney, Facility Manager
Diablos Travel Baseball Program Staff
DSB employs professional baseball coaches for the Dunwoody Diablos travel baseball program. Please visit the Diablos website to see who the coaches are.
Dunwoody Senior Baseball (DSB) has been providing baseball playing opportunities for middle school aged youth through adulthood since the early 1970s. Originally part of Murphey Candler Little League (MCLL) in Brookhaven, the league named Murphey Candler Senior Baseball, used space that is now home to the Murphey Candler Girls Softball Association.
As the league grew, so did the need for additional field space. To meet the needs of the community, DeKalb County built two lighted baseball fields at Dunwoody Park in what was then, unincorporated Dunwoody, Georgia. In 1975, the league moved operations to the new fields at Dunwoody Park and was renamed Dunwoody Senior Baseball.
The word Senior in the league name comes from DSB’s original roots with Little League Baseball. At the time, leagues for kids ages 13 and up were called Senior Leagues in the Little League system.
DSB has continued to provide baseball programs for ages 13 through 18 since the league was formed. In 2000, DSB added a middle school league (6th-8th graders), where kids get the opportunity to play for their school in a competitive baseball environment before their high school years. A summer wood bat league was created in 2006 for 18 to 24 year olds, and has grown to now include players from 18 years old up.
In 2008, the City of Dunwoody was incorporated. Improving parks was a major objective of the City from the outset. It provided many improvements to Dunwoody Park and the baseball fields, including a new water line to the concession stand, taking over responsibility for mowing and fertilization, improvements in the playing surface, paving the parking lot, and improved seating for parents and fans. Through the new partnership between DSB and the City of Dunwoody, baseball was thriving in Dunwoody.
In 2016, DeKalb County School District and the City of Dunwoody agreed to a land swap where Austin Elementary School would be rebuilt on the site of the Dunwoody Park baseball fields and new baseball fields would be built on land next to Peachtree Middle School that would become part of Brook Run Park. The new, state-of-the-art synthetic turf fields were opened for play in 2018.
In 2021, the Dunwoody Diablos travel baseball program became part of Dunwoody Senior Baseball.
The future is bright for DSB and baseball in Dunwoody.
Dunwoody Senior Baseball Leadership
Past presidents of DSB:
||W. David McCoy